Thursday, January 5, 2012

Huntington J-term Group Has Arrived!

We made it! Flying was not bad at all and we had no problems making it here. The Chennai airport was a little overwhelming. I was not expecting it to be as crowded right outside as it was. But we loaded up on to a bus and arrived to our home: the YWCA. It is beautiful. I feel like I’m on an episode of House Hunters International! There are these stars that hang from a tree at the entrance that look really awesome. We arrived around 5 AM, but I wasn’t tired so I went exploring and took some pictures:















For the day, we went to get our money exchanged and then went to Home of Love. We got to just walk the streets while some of our other team got our money exchanged. I loved doing this and seeing all the different people. We also got ice cream, which was really good. One of my favorite things I saw was this auto shop. The guys were not really working and when they saw a group of white Americans walk by they started to laugh at us. We stopped to talk about the surroundings but I knew I wanted to get a picture of them so I went over and asked them if I could take their picture. They all lined up and let me get my favorite picture of the day:












Then we went to Home of Love. It is about an hour outside of the city. The roads are crazy (well they always are, but these are filled with holes, cows, and dogs). But once we arrived it made all of the stress of planning, packing, and traveling, worth it. The girls are amazing! They love visitors and love talking to you. The campus is beautiful and nothing at all what any of us expected. After taking 230 pictures for the day, I decided it was time to put the camera down completely and just go hang out with the girls. So I introduced myself to a group of them that had fun taking pictures earlier and they gave me the nickname “Ben 10”. I asked them why they gave me that nickname and they said that he is a hero in a movie/show and that they would bring me a picture tomorrow.










































I absolutely love it here. I really didn’t expect to like it this much but Chennai is great. I was super tired last night so after dinner I fell asleep until this morning. Please continue to pray for us. Today, we will start filming at Home of Love. Pray that everything goes smoothly and that we can make something that will bring more love to these girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment